Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with saving and/or sharing given content on a hosting server run by a web hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a look at them. Doing so, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you wish to launch a weblog, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by some providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage services are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between autonomous packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your email aliases. Some companies provide web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to keep as many videos as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to run a site. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At Lonex, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular content exclusively.